You know that with a single word, ‘OK Google,’ you can If you are using an Android phone, you know that you can search for anything in your Android app with a single word, ‘”OK Google,’ but the Google Assistant is designed to give you more than that.
What is Google Assistant?
First of all, let us know when Google’s Assistant was introduced. They launched Google’s Assistant in May 2016. It is not the only Artificial Intelligence technology in use right now. Google’s assistant had to face potent competitors at that time.
Google’s assistant faced challenges from Apple’s Siri Amazon’s Alexa virtual assistant app. Let us discuss this. It supports all the latest updates and new smart home devices.
a) Apple’s Siri
Apple’s Siri. It launched with the Apple Siri in October 2011. Apple’s Siri is a virtual assistant app from Apple for its iOS, macOS, SmartWatch OS, and Smart Home TV operating systems. Apple’s Siri assistant uses a natural-language user interface and voice queries to respond and answer questions. Apple’s Siri was the best search engine partner for Apple.
b) Amazon’s Alexa
After that, Amazon’s Alexa has led the path. Amazon Alexa is an Amazon-developed virtual assistant, first used in the Amazon Echo Dot and the Amazon Echo intelligent speakers developed by Amazon. Amazon Alexa can do voice interaction, make to-do lists, play music, stream podcasts, set alarms, play audiobooks, and provide weather, sports, traffic, and other real-time information.
After one year, Cortana for Windows 10 has been greatly appreciated as an artificial intelligence search partner. This entire search engine partnership was a great competitor to Google’s Assistant. Even though Google’s virtual assistant started late, it has surpassed every other virtual assistant technology.
In the beginning, Google Assistant was dedicated only to Android pixel mobiles. Later on, Android was launched for every other mobile having an Android version of 5.0 or above. For playing music, this feature is fascinating.
How to Install Google Assistant on Android?
On most Android devices, Google’s Assistant is pre-installed. You can long-press the home button, and a white screen with four dots will appear on your Android to access this feature. You can also say ‘OK, Google’ to open the Google Assistant.
Once it has opened, you can give it any command, and it will obey. If it is not pre-installed on your Android device, you can download it from the Google Play app store. Remember that your Android version should be above 5.0 to use Google’s Assistant, and at least 1.4 GB of memory is required. The good thing about Google Assistant is that it is also available for Apple users. You can download the Google Assistant app from the Google Play Store if you have an iOS version of 9.1 or above.
How to use Google Assistant?
Android users can directly access the feature by long-pressing the home button or saying, ‘OK, Google.’ Still, in the case of Apple users, they need to open Google’s Assistant App manually or tap the microphone icon on the home screen. You can use your voice to search for something or ask something, or directly type in the question in the writing box below.
If you are interested in reading the news by using this assistance feature, you have to open the content site in a browser, then you can say, “Hey Google, read it” or “Hi Google, read this page.” The app’s narration feature will narrate the page content and start reading by highlighting the text as the pages auto-scroll. The tool can translate English to other languages as per your choice.
Using the Google Home app on Android boxes, you will get the same feature as your smart home.
Awesome Things You Can Learn From the Google Assistant
After touching and holding the home button of your Android phone, you may say, “OK, Google.” The tool feature gets itself ready to serve you humbly. Then,
- You can manage your tasks. It helps you manage your studies or work. You can set reminders and check emails.
- Send texts and save battery life by activating the battery saver option.
- Get Answers.
- You can search for new items.
- You can check the news
- Make Memories
- Plan your daily activities.
- You can organize the content.
- Control your devices and your smart home.
- Access information from your calendars and other personal information.
- Find information online, from restaurant bookings to directions, weather, and news.
- Control your music
- Play content on your Chromecast or other compatible devices.
- Run timers and reminders.
- Make appointments and send messages.
- Open apps on your phone.
- Read your notifications to you
- Real-time spoken translations
- And you can enjoy yourselves with this by asking to go to various websites that offer entertainment and enjoyment.
You may find more details about this fantastic feature on the official android site.
Is it Safe and Secure?
Google Assistant is secure, safe, and under our control. With this feature, we can choose what to share. There is a chance of quickly deleting or managing our earlier conversations with the assistant. We may permit Google Assistant when setting up on your device.
Google Assistant asks for permission regarding your account data, like web and app activity, voice and audio activity, and device information. If you give Google Assistant access to your Google Account and your web and app activity is turned on, it will save your activity with your Google Assistant to your “My Activity Page.”
- Best Windows 10 Apps: It Makes Your Life much Better
- How to Lock Your Windows PC? Best Methods To Keep The Data Safe
- What is Windows? Features and Categories of Microsoft Windows
- How to create a user account in windows 10 without Email?
- How to update Windows 10 with the WSUS Offline Update tool (Offline)?
Here is a simple hack to enable voice activation for AI-based assistance. This allows Siri shortcut phrases to open the Google Assistant app by using “Hey Siri” and “Hey Google.” Of course, my car’s music system is also working with this fantastic Google Assistant feature.
The Common Commends or terms to use
Primarily, Google’s Assistant will understand anything you say to it and then reply to you with the exact answer. In some cases, there are a set of commands which you can directly use to do certain operations on your phone.
For example, if you need to call someone, you can directly use the command ‘make a phone call,’ then Google’s Assistant will ask you the name of the person you want to call. Or, if you need to send a message, you can directly use the command ‘send a message,’ and Google’s assistant will understand and bring up the messaging screen.
Here is the set of commands you can directly use for the Google Assistant. It supports maximum commands from your regular words.
- How is the weather?
- Find a restaurant near me.
- Make a phone call.
- Write a message.
- Navigate home.
- Open an app.
You can use the above commands, and Google’s Assistant will prompt you to say the name of the particular app you need to open or the person you need to message or call.
You can directly use Google Assistant commands included with the person’s name or app name, as shown below.
- Call Sam.
- Message gym.
- Text Jim, ‘I’ll be home right now.’
- Open Instagram.
- Define ‘federation’
Additional Features of Google Assistant
- You can manually change the settings in Google Assistant.
- Change the type of voice that the Google Assistant should recognize.
- Restrict certain apps that Google Assistant should not open.
- You can even add some shortcut commands to Google’s assistant.
- You can also turn off the Google Assistant by disabling it from the settings.
- If you don’t want Google Assistant to recognize the ‘OK Google’ command, you can disconnect the access to the assistant using the ‘OK Google setting’ in settings.
- You can also make Google Assistant unlock your phone using voice recognition. If your mobile is locked, and you say “OK Google,” your phone will open automatically if the voice matches. To do that, you need to add your voice model beforehand.
How to Delete Your Google Assistant Activity
Google Assistant saves your earlier activities by remembering your interests and giving you more personalized information. You can see or delete the earlier activity at any point, and you can delete a specific action or all moves at once.
How to Delete a Specific Activity from Your Mobile Phone on Google Assistant
- Touch and hold the Home button of your mobile phone.
- Say ‘OK Google’
- Find an item in your conversation with Google’s Assistant that you want to delete.
- Touch and hold the particular conversation.
- It will highlight that specific conversation.
- Then delete the group.
How to Delete All Activities at Once on Google Assistant
- Go to the Assistant Activity page on your Google Account.
- Tap’ More’ on Google Assistant’s banner, located at the top right.
- Go to Delete Activity by –
- Choose ‘All Time’ under ‘Delete By Date.’
- Tap “OK” under ‘Delete.’
- Delete after confirmation
- Sometimes, it can take a day or more to get your conversation deleted from your other devices.
Frequently Asked Questions on Google Assistant
What is Google Assistant?
Google Assistant is Google’s voice assistant. When it launched, Google Assistant was an extension of Google Now, designed to be personal while expanding on Google’s existing “OK Google” voice controls.
Do I have a Google assistant on my mobile?
Yes. If you are using the Android mobile, the assistance feature is a part of the Android operating system, and Siri is part of iOS. In the old version before android 5, It must manually download the feature from the Google play store.
How do I turn on Google’s assistant?
If you are using a smart mobile or tablet PC, you can touch and hold the Home button or say “OK Google.” then go for More Settings > ON (OK Google feature). It is very simple. If you are using a Google Home device, you must first plug in the device and follow their instruction to complete the setup process.
What is Google Assistant and how does it work?
Google Assistant is Google’s voice assistant. Suppose you have the Google Assistant app or Google Assistant through a connected device. In that case, you can ask the artificially intelligent robot for many tasks, like reading your schedule, telling you the weather, or making Google Hangouts calls.
What are the benefits of Google Assistant?
Google Assistant is a virtual assistant available on Android and iOS devices. It is designed to make it easier for users to navigate and use their phones, manage their day-to-day tasks, and get answers easily and naturally. The benefits of Google Assistant are that it saves time by making your life easier with just a few taps or swipes. You can get traffic updates or get information about the weather without constantly searching for it. Google Assistant will also learn from you to be more helpful in the future.
Is Alexa or Google Assistant better?
Google Assistant and Alexa are two of the most popular voice assistants. Many people debate which one is better. Some say that Google Assistant has a better design, while others believe that Alexa has more capabilities.
Who is better Siri or Google Assistant?
There are many voice assistants to choose from these days. Google Assistant is just one of the many options available, but it’s also one of the best and most popular. Siri is a great voice assistant for iPhone users and has been for a long time. However, Google Assistant offers many more features than Siri does, and it is also better at understanding questions and requests which makes it very useful in certain situations.
Can Google Assistant unlock my phone?
No, this is not possible. According to a recent report, Google Assistant can now unlock your Pixel phone. The process is simple; all you have to do is say “OK Google, unlock my phone” and the app will automatically respond with “Hi, please swipe up to unlock your phone.”
|1||Google Pixel 3a||Android 9.0 Pie + 5.6 inch display + 12.2 MP (Rear cam) + 8 MP (Front) + Qualcomm® Snapdragon™ 670 + 4GB RAM + 64 GB Internal storage||Learn More|
|2||Google Pixel 3XL||Android 9.0 Pie + 6.3 inch display + 4 GB RAM + 128 GB ROM + 13.97 cm Quad HD Display + 12.3MP Rear Camera + 8MP Front Camera + 3450 mAh Battery + Qualcomm Snapdragon 821 64-bit Quad-Core 2.15GHz Processor||Learn More|
|3||Google Pixel 3||Android 9.0 Pie + 4 GB RAM + 128 GB ROM + 13.97 cm Full HD Display + 12.2MP Rear Camera + 8MP Dual Front Camera + Qualcomm Snapdragon 845 64-bit Processor||Learn More|
You can order the product by using their official app
So, you have learned everything that you need to know about Google’s Assistant. The Google assistant has improved much in recent years, and it is trying in many ways to make it much better.
- 6 Best Free Android Apps To Find Your Friends via GPS
- 10 Best Writing Apps for Android users
- Google Assistant – Undoubtedly Makes Your Life Better in 2022
- 9 Best Multiplayer Games for Android Users
- The Best File Managers for Android device Users
Say ‘OK, Google’ and make your phone turn hands-free. If you need more assistance from the developers, you can ask questions in their forum. If you are already using Google Assistant, share your experiences in the comment box below.